Welcome to the Santa Barbara Channel Swimming Association!
- To advise and support people wishing to undertake a channel swim in the Channel Islands region of Southern California (excluding swims to/from Catalina Island and the mainland, and circumnavigations of Catalina).
- To observe such swims, in order to promote safety and verify the integrity of the swim.
- To gather and preserve historical data about such swims.
- To promote local and regional interest in marathon swimming.
2014 Swim Successes
All results pending final ratification on November 1.
Anacapa Island to mainland
- Peter Hayden, 6:59 (after circumnavigating Anacapa).
- Julian Rusinek, 7:36
- Carol Hayden, 9:51 (oldest female to complete a California Channel Island swim)
- Penny Palfrey, 6:30
- Helen Lin, 8:30
- Bryant Lum, 6:30
- Dave Tanner, 9:36
- Kelley Prebil, 10:25
- Anthony McCarley, 7:48:42
- Peter Hayden, 5:41 (first ever; followed by Anacapa to mainland)
- Santosh Patil: Santa Cruz Island to Santa Rosa Island. 4:04:15
- "Laguna 6" Relay, Santa Barbara Island to Catalina. Julian Rusinek, Cherie Edborg, Tamie Stewart, Scott Zornig, Tanya MacLean, and Lynn Kubasek.