2012 Awards Banquet
Posted by SBCSA, 1 November 2012
SBCSA Awards Banquet is Saturday, November 3rd
The SBCSA Awards and Recognition Banquet is Saturday, November 3rd at 6pm at the Green Onion Restaurant in San Pedro, California. The deadline to RSVP is Nov 1st. The cost is $25 per person with a no host bar. Marathon swimming legend, David Yudovin, will be this year’s guest speaker.
2012 Banquet Honorees
This has been the biggest season in the short history of the SBCSA. We had 25 attempts, 19 successes, 5 records, 1 age record, 2 firsts and 1 longest swim. Most importantly, we had another safe season. The below swimmers will be honored at this year’s banquet on November 3rd.
- Michael Hird – Anacapa Island 8/18/12
- Walter Bean Scott – Anacapa Island 8/18/12
- Cherie Edborg – Anacapa Island 8/25/12
- Tina Neill – San Clemente Island 9/6/12 “FIRST”
- Jim Neitz – Anacapa Island 9/8/12 “MOST SWIMS”
- Nicholas Vargas – Anacapa Island 9/9/12 “TIME RECORD”
- Zachary Jirkovsky – Anacapa Island 9/9/12
- Evan Morrison – Santa Cruz Island 9/15/12 “TIME RECORD”
- John Chung – Anacapa Island 9/23/12
- Thomas Ball – Anacapa Island 9/23/12
- Fiona Goh – Anacapa Island 9/23/12 “AGE RECORD”
- Jim McConica – Anacapa 10/2/12 “TIME RECORD”
- Jim McConica – Anacapa 10/3/12
- Santosh Patil – Inter-Island 10/13/2012 “TIME RECORD”
- HTC (Tina Neill, Steve Lowe, Kent Nicholas, Forrest Nelson, Mike Mitchell, Emily Evans) – San Clemente Island 7/25/12 “TIME RECORD”
- Team Jessie (Howard Burns, Charlie Christensen, Marc Horwitz, Mike Kendall, Alan Baumgardner, Corey Tabor) – Anacapa Island 8/14/12 “FIRST”
- Team Augie (Lisa Nordholm, John Stevens, Julian Rusinek, Morgan Empey, Vanessa Mesia, Mike Lane) - Anacapa Island 8/14/12 “FIRST”
- Team Coto (Michael Trudeau, Tanya MacLean, Jeff Conrad, Ben Putman, Lynn Kubasek, Cherie Edborg) - Anacapa Island 8/14/12 “FIRST”
Wetsuit Assisted Solo Swims
- Cesar Barria – Anacapa Island 9/26/12
New Board Members
Ned Denison and Dale Mercker have decided to step down from their board positions with the SBCSA. Ned is an original board member from 2006 while Dale has served on the board for the last 3 years. Ned will remain as an advisor to SBCSA’s board. We thank them both for their years of service to marathon swimming and the SBCSA.
The SBCSA is pleased to announce our two newest board members: Cherie Edborg and Theo Schmeeckle. Cherie did her first marathon swim this year while Theo, who swam 4 years collegiately, has been a support swimmer on several marathon crossings. They are both certified observers who love marathon swimming and will be a great asset to the SBCSA.