Banquet Recap, and happy holidays!
Posted by SBCSA, 2 December 2015
On November 7th, the SBCSA honored this year’s swimmers with a dinner cruise in San Pedro Harbor aboard the 90’ yacht Spirit. There were 88 in attendance to help us celebrate the successful endeavors of our brave athletes.
Below is a listing of those who succeeded in 2015 and pictures from the banquet.
- Samantha Allen – 58th swim around Anacapa Island 6/5/15
- Sarah Green – 59th swim from Anacapa Island to mainland 8/29/15
- Natalie Merrow – 1st swim around Santa Barbara Island 9/1/15. First
- Michelle Poole – 60th swim from Anacapa Island to mainland 9/12/15
- Peter Hayden – 2nd swim around Santa Barbara Island 9/17/15 First Male
- Peter Hayden – 1st swim from Santa Barbara Island to Catalina Island 9/17/15 First
- Alex Honor – 61st swim from Anacapa Island to mainland 9/19/15
- Robin Rose – 62nd swim from Anacapa Island to mainland 10/3/15
- Irvine Novaquatics (Brandon Bass, Megan Merlihan, Karsten Johnson, Mo Bourdi, Jessica Moore, Chris Mykkanen ) 17th relay swim from Santa Cruz Island to mainland 8/10/15. Speed Record
- Arch Academy Zombie Patrol A (Cheryl Zak, Wesley Metcalfe, Matthew Gregory, Kaylee Kussman, John Allcock, Lauren Weinreb) 1st swim from Santa Barbara Island to Anacapa Island 9/24/15. First
- Arch Academy Zombie Patrol B (Diana Linney, Paul Lindberg, Zach Irvine, Faith Irvine, CJ Fotinos, Noah Rowan) 1st swim Santa Barbara Island to Anacapa Island 9/24/15. First
- The Deep Enders (Jim McConica, Thomas Ball, John Chung, Tamie Stewart, Stacey Warmuth, Zach Jirkovsky) 1st swim from San Nicolas Island to mainland 10/13/15. First
Happy Holidays from the SBCSA
The holidays bring family and friends together; it helps us appreciate the love in our lives we can often take for granted. May the true meaning of the holiday season fill your heart and home with many blessings.
Did You Know?
There are six types of pinnipeds which are provided sanctuary by the California Channel Islands. They include California sea lions, northern elephant seals, northern fur seals, Guadalupe fur seals (rare) and Stellar sea lions (very rare).