Swim Sanction Application
The SBCSA is the recognized sanctioning organization of marathon swims in the Channel Islands region of California (except Catalina Channel and Catalina circumnavigation swims, which are sanctioned by CCSF).
The SBCSA observes, documents, and maintains historical records of:
- cross-channel swims between any of the Channel Islands (ex-Catalina) and the mainland;
- circumnavigations of any of the Channel Islands (ex-Catalina);
- inter-island swims between any of the Channel Islands.
To apply for a sanctioned swim, please complete our online application at least 45 days before your planned attempt. Click the relevant button to preview or start an application:
Before starting the Solo Application, you should have already:
- chosen a swim route.
- made arrangements with an escort boat.
- identified who will be on your support crew, and gathered their contact information.
- been examined by a medical doctor and approved to undertake this swim.
- gathered information about your swim history and training, to justify your proposed swim.
The Relay Application has two parts:
- the Team Leader Application, to be completed by a designated team leader only (one per relay);
- the Relay Swimmer Application, to be completed by each relay swimmer and alternate swimmer.