Please join us for the 2018 SBCSA Awards Banquet & Dinner: 6:00pm, Saturday, November 3rd at the Doubletree San Pedro (2800 Via Cabrillo Marina, San Pedro, CA 90731). We will be dining in the Madeo Room (same location as the CCSF Catalina Channel banquet/brunch, held earlier on the same day).
See old friends, meet new ones, and share stories from this year’s swimming adventures.
We will celebrate the swims of:
- Kim Hedges - Anacapa Island to Mainland
- Abigail Fairman - Mainland to Anacapa Island
- David Rich - Anacapa Island to Mainland
- San Fran Ma’ams (Meg Omainsky, Alice Ma, Cathy Harrington) - Anacapa Island circumnavigation
- Marilyn Korzekwa - Santa Cruz Island to Mainland
- Carly Miller - Anacapa Island to Mainland
- Pearl Simonelli - Mainland to Anacapa Island
- Erika Gliebe - Anacapa Island to Mainland
- Michelle Squyer - Mainland to Anacapa Island
- Jim McConica - Mainland to Anacapa Island (course record)
- Ken Mignosa - two-way Santa Cruz Island (first)
- Susan Petro - Anacapa Island to Mainland
- Luca Pozzi - Anacapa Island to Mainland
- Night Train Swimmers (Vito Bialla, Paige Kieding) - Anacapa Island to Mainland
- Mina Rhoden - Anacapa Island to Mainland
- Caroline Block - Santa Rosa Island to Mainland
- Dave Loeffler - San Clemente Island to Catalina Island
Special Guest & Feature: “Crossing the Channel”
2016 Anacapa solo swimmer Rachel Horn was featured in a documentary film by Ryan Slattery, Crossing the Channel. An Official Selection at the Santa Barbara International Film Festival, it’s a beautiful and inspiring look at one woman’s journey to reach the other shore.
We’re honored to have Rachel join us as a special guest to present the film.