The SBCSA is a non-profit organization, and our Board of Directors serve on a volunteer basis. Sanction fees cover expense reimbursement for official observers and insurance for all SBCSA-sanctioned swims.
- “Early Bird” discount - Swim applications completed before May 1st of each year are eligible for discounted sanction fees, as indicated in the table below. Applications are not complete until fees are paid.
- Lifetime Member discount - SBCSA Lifetime Members receive a $100 discount on solo sanction fees and a $50 (per member) discount on relay sanction fees.
- Tandem discount - Tandem swims (with two or more solo swimmers attempting a swim off the same boat) are eligible for a discount of $50 per swimmer.
- Combination route discount - swims comprised of multiple distinct routes attempted continuously are eligible for a $100 discount per leg. For example, an Anacapa circumnavigation followed continuously by an Anacapa Channel crossing would be discounted by $200 from the sum of the individual route fees.
All fees in United States dollars.
|Relay (early bird)
|Anacapa Isl to/from Mainland
Anacapa Isl circumnavigation
Santa Cruz Isl to/from Mainland
|Santa Rosa Isl to/from Mainland
San Miguel Isl to/from Mainland
Santa Barbara Isl to/from Mainland
Santa Barbara Isl to/from Catalina Isl
|Sub-10km offshore routes1||550||750||950|
Not all possible swim routes are listed in the above table of fees. For other routes, please contact the SBCSA for a quote.
- Sub-10km offshore routes include Anacapa/S.Cruz, S.Cruz/S.Rosa, and S.Rosa/S.Miguel island hopper routes; and the circumnavigation of Santa Barbara Island. Multiple short island-hopper routes attempted on the same trip may be eligible for the combination route discount (see above). Contact the SBCSA for details.
Methods of Payment
We offer two methods of payment:
- Credit cards (via secure Stripe form)
- Wire transfer (may be subject to outgoing transfer fees charged by your bank).
Cancellation / Refund Policy
- The SBCSA will refund sanction fees for cancelled swims, minus a $200 processing fee.
- Sanction fees may be applied to a rescheduled swim without a fee, as long as the reschedule occurs at least 48 hours before the scheduled meet time.
- Swims rescheduled less than 48 hours before meet time are subject to a $200 processing fee.
- Swims called off any time after the swimmer enters the water are not eligible for a refund of sanction fees.