SBCSA Rules- After the Swim
- Every application for ratification of a swim must be accompanied by an official observer’s log, completed forms, and fees. Additional evidence may be requested by the SBCSA at its discretion.
- Category A (marathon) swims and Category B (assisted) swims are recognized in separate categories. Assisted Swims are not eligible for Records or Firsts.
- If a swimmer uses a start or finish location substantially different than the typical route, the SBCSA may recognize this in the Swim Successes list. However, for records and firsts we do not distinguish among different start and finish locations.
- The SBCSA recognizes butterfly, backstroke, and breaststroke swim in the Swim Successes list. However, we do not distinguish among different stroke styles for records or firsts.
- The SBCSA recognizes one record in each of four categories, per crossing:
a. First – overall, female, male
b. Fastest – overall, female, male
c. Youngest – male, female
d. Oldest – male, female
©2019 Santa Barbara Channel Swimming Association