Welcome to the Santa Barbara Channel Swimming Association!
- To advise and support people wishing to undertake a channel swim in the Channel Islands region of Southern California (excluding swims to/from Catalina Island and the mainland, and circumnavigations of Catalina).
- To observe such swims, in order to promote safety and verify the integrity of the swim.
- To gather and preserve historical data about such swims.
- To promote local and regional interest in marathon swimming.
SBCSA Annual Banquet - Saturday, November 2nd in San Pedro, CA
Once again, the SBCSA will be holding our annual awards and recognition banquet on the same day and in the same city as the CCSF which allows marathon swimmers to attend both banquets. As in past years, the CCSF banquet will be in the morning while the SBCSA will have an evening dinner. There will be a fun, social swim between the two banquets. Here is the schedule for the day.
- CCSF banquet - 10am to 2pm
- Open Water Social Swim (Cabrillo Beach) – 3pm to 4pm
- SBCSA banquet 5:30pm – 8pm
The SBCSA’s banquet will be held at the Raffaello Ristorante in San Pedro, California. The cost is $25.00 per person (no host bar) or $18.75 for SBCSA lifetime members. If you plan to attend, please send the RSVP form along with a check made payable to the SBCSA by October 31st to:
- SBCSA c/o Scott Zornig, 1 Rockrose Ct, Coto de Caza, CA 92679
- Raffaello Restaurant, 400 S. Pacific Ave, San Pedro, CA 90731