A non-profit association to support and sanction marathon swims in the Channel Islands region of California
June 2021 Update
At this time we are accepting sanction applications for solo and tandem swims of all Channel Islands routes attempted July 1st or later. Additionally we will sanction Anacapa Channel and Anacapa circumnavigation swims attempted during the month of June.
Both U.S.-based swimmers and international swimmers are eligible.
Due to the ongoing risks associated with the COVID-19 pandemic, we are not yet sanctioning RELAY swims.
Please note: the SBCSA will require proof of COVID-19 vaccination for everyone involved in a swim attempt this year: swimmers, support crew, observers, and pilots. Please plan accordingly!
Please submit your application at least 45 days before your scheduled swim attempt.
From the SBCSA Board of Directors: Evan Morrison, Jane Cairns, Dave Van Mouwerik, Peter Hayden, Cherie Edborg, and Karina Garcia.
Steps to Swim with the SBCSA
- Choose a swim route.
- Make arrangements with an escort boat and identify your support crew.
- Submit a sanction application:
- The SBCSA will assign an observer to your swim.
- Swim across!
2020 Swim Successes
- Karina Garcia - Mainland to Anacapa Island. 8:20 on October 2.
- Amy Dantzler - Anacapa Island circumnavigation. 4:52 on September 24.
- Jake Glick - Anacapa Island circumnavigation. 4:53 on September 24.
- Sarah Thomas - Anacapa Island to Mainland. 5:07 on September 23.
- Neil Hailstone - Anacapa Island to Mainland. 6:20 on September 21.
- Dan Simonelli - Anacapa Island circumnavigation. 7:21 on September 10.
- Amy Dantzler - Anacapa Island circumnavigation. 4:57 on September 10.
- Jim McConica - Anacapa Island circumnavigation. 5:33 on September 9.
- Rose Filer - Anacapa Island to Mainland. 12:13 on September 9.
- David Sundius - Anacapa Island to Santa Cruz Island (breaststroke). 2:22 on September 1.
- Edie Markovich - Mainland to Anacapa Island. 9:24 on August 15.
- Henry Palmer - Mainland to Anacapa Island. 6:33 on July 1.
- Joe Zemaitis - Mainland to Anacapa Island. 6:33 on July 1.
©2019 Santa Barbara Channel Swimming Association