Supporting and sanctioning marathon swims in the Channel Islands region of California
- May 15: Semana Nautica 6-mile swim - entries available
- Apr 6: April Newsletter - October/November swim successes; banquet recap; new lifetime members.
- Nov 3: 2017 Swim Season in Review - Recapping 13 solo swims and 4 relays sanctioned by the SBCSA in our 2017 season. Discovering a key detail from the first Santa Barbara Channel swim in 1978.
- Oct 19: October Newsletter - Anacapa swims by Steve Dalke, Alice Ma, Karina Garcia, and Linda Simons. Dan Simonelli triple island hopper swim. First relay circumnavigation of Santa Cruz Island.
- Sep 15: September Newsletter - Amy Gubser, Angel More, Ryan Utsumi Anacapa swims. New mainland-Anacapa record. Zombies relays swim Santa Rosa to Goleta.
- Earlier News
Steps to Swim with the SBCSA
- Choose a swim route.
- Make arrangements with an escort boat and identify your support crew.
- Submit a sanction application:
- The SBCSA will assign an observer to your swim.
- Swim across!
2018 Swim Successes
- Abigail Fairman - Mainland to Anacapa Island. 5:30 on July 2 (new course record).
- David Rich - Anacapa Island to Mainland. 7:53 on August 7.
- San Fran Ma'ams - Anacapa Island circumnavigation. 7:23 on August 18 (first relay).
- Marilyn Korzekwa - Santa Cruz Island to Mainland. 18:45 on September 12.
- Carly Miller - Anacapa Island to Mainland. 7:19 on September 14.
- Pearl Simonelli - Mainland to Anacapa Island. 8:20 on September 16.
- Erika Gliebe - Anacapa Island to Mainland. 7:56 on September 16.
- Michelle Squyer - Mainland to Anacapa Island. 11:53 on September 17.
©2018 Santa Barbara Channel Swimming Association