Supporting and sanctioning marathon swims in the Channel Islands region of California
- Apr 6: April Newsletter - October/November swim successes; banquet recap; new lifetime members.
- Nov 3: 2017 Swim Season in Review - Recapping 13 solo swims and 4 relays sanctioned by the SBCSA in our 2017 season. Discovering a key detail from the first Santa Barbara Channel swim in 1978.
- Oct 19: October Newsletter - Anacapa swims by Steve Dalke, Alice Ma, Karina Garcia, and Linda Simons. Dan Simonelli triple island hopper swim. First relay circumnavigation of Santa Cruz Island.
- Sep 15: September Newsletter - Amy Gubser, Angel More, Ryan Utsumi Anacapa swims. New mainland-Anacapa record. Zombies relays swim Santa Rosa to Goleta.
- May 18: May Newsletter and 2017 Swim Lineup - Who will be swimming in the Channel Islands this season? Plus, new lifetime member Alice Ma.
- Earlier News
Steps to Swim with the SBCSA
- Choose a swim route.
- Make arrangements with an escort boat and identify your support crew.
- Submit a sanction application:
- The SBCSA will assign an observer to your swim.
- Swim across!
2017 Swim Successes
- Amy Gubser - Oxnard to Anacapa Island. 6:02 on June 23 (new course record).
- Angel More - Anacapa Island to Oxnard. 7:37 on August 10.
- Ryan Utsumi - Anacapa Island to Oxnard. 5:29 on August 20.
- Arch Academy Zombies 'A' - Santa Rosa Island to Goleta. 17:11 on August 21 (first relay).
- Arch Academy Zombies 'B' - Santa Rosa Island to Goleta. 17:11 on August 21 (first relay).
- Steven Dalke - Anacapa Island to Oxnard. 7:07 on September 16.
- Alice Ma - Anacapa Island to Oxnard. 11:09 on September 18.
- Karina Garcia - Anacapa Island to Oxnard. 5:28 on September 23 (new women's course record).
- Dan Simonelli - San Miguel Island to Santa Rosa Island. 2:30 on September 26.
- Dan Simonelli - Santa Rosa Island to Santa Cruz Island. 4:05 on September 26.
- Dan Simonelli - Santa Cruz Island to Anacapa Island. 2:15 on September 27 (new course record).
- Selkie and the Sirens - Santa Cruz Island circumnavigation. 39:58 on September 27 (first relay).
- Linda Simons - Anacapa Island to Oxnard. 6:09 on October 14.
- Anacapa Express - Anacapa Island to Oxnard. 4:58 on October 21.
- Ken Mignosa - Oxnard to Anacapa Island. 9:03 on October 28.
- Kim Hedges - Anacapa Island to Oxnard. 9:50 on November 12.
©2018 Santa Barbara Channel Swimming Association